How Buy Now Pay Later With Sezzle and Shop Pay
Buy now, pay later.
Split your entire online purchase into 4 interest-free payments, over 6 weeks with no impact to your credit.
Here's how to Sezzle
It's quick, easy and approval decisions are instant.
We have over 10,000 online retails to choose from.
Simply select Sezzle at checkout and complete your order.
Paying in Full or with Shop Pay Installments
Perhaps one of the most exciting features from Shop Pay is how the customer can choose to either pay in full at the moment of purchase or spread it into multiple payments.
Here's how it works:
- The customer picks Shop Pay Installments.
- They get to choose to make four equal installments instead of one full payment.
- The customer selects a debit or credit card to pay the first payment and future installment payments.
- The account walks customers through a brief identity verification process to pay later. Eligibility is more about preventing fraud. They don't check credit scores.
- The customer agrees to terms, authorizes the payment through Shop Pay (Affirm handles their installment processing).
- For security, the app texts the customer a 6-digit verification code to complete the process.
What about late fees?
Shop Pay installments don't work like a credit card. There are no fees, penalties, or additional charges to break a payment into installments. It's possible to make early payments through the same checkout page but, unlike credit card payments, they don't charge a fee if you miss a payment. However, you may get restricted or banned from Shop Pay installments if you make a partial or late payment.
What Qualifies a Transaction for Shop Pay Installments?
In order to have the option for Shop Pay Installments (where you pay four equal installments instead of one lump sum) the transaction must be between $50 and $3,000 USD. This amount includes taxes, shipping, and discounts.
Extended info on Shop Pay and how it works can be found here (outside link)